If you follow me on Instagram, you might have seen that I don’t have a theme. I wrote about this couple of months ago! >> Why I don’t have Instagram theme << But this time, it’s time to list all my Instagram do’s and don’ts. I don’t spend a lot of time on Instagram daily, but I have noticed some annoying stuff in there these years. Now that I have my personal/blog Instagram, I have seen way more of those. Gladly, I have noticed some good things too! I don’t know if I’m the right person to talk about these things with my +160 follower count, but I don’t let that bother.
- Post almost every day. You don’t need to do it daily, but once in a week is not enough.
- Don’t be afraid to edit the photos, and you can make them better like that! But don’t overdo it.
- Take good quality photos. You don’t need a good camera to take them. Your phone will be beautiful!
- Focus on engagement, not followers. You will get real followers over time with doing this.
- If you put an outfit photo or anything with brands on the picture, tag them! They might feature you and your followers see, where you have gotten the item. Same goes with other than just objects. Do shops, places, etc.
- Be creative. That’s the idea of Instagram!
- Post vertically. It makes a huge difference! But if you have a strict theme, check if that works for you.
- A good bio is very important. Make it simple.
- Don’t post just because of posting, everyone can see it.
- Follow/unfollow, DON’T DO IT! Seriously. It’s so annoying, and no one likes it. If I spot someone doing it, I’ll never follow that person.
- Do not like all the photos! Like only those that you like, not because “this one might follow me if I like this photo.”
- Those “Good photo 👍🏻” spam comments. No. No no no.
- Don’t give up. Just don’t follow the numbers only, just do you.
- #follow4follow and other hashtags like these, please don’t use them.
- Please don’t post only selfies. It get’s boring!
- Don’t buy followers!!!
But even with these fantastic and annoying things, Instagram is still my favorite social media that I love. Do you have any do’s and don’ts that aren’t here? I would like to know!